overclocking radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Threepwood

Daemon Poster
I have a radon 9800 pro 128 mb r350 core video card and ive recently been trying to overclock it correctly. I cant seem to get a clock speed above 390 without getting artifacts, and I am unsure about the memory. Does image tearing result from overclocking memory or gpu too high, i have an old monitor and sometimes experience tearing anyhow, but I want to know if its from my monitor or gfx card. Does anyone else have experience with overclockign this card (stock cooling) and if so what did you get yours to clock at? So far ive got it to 390/360 but it gets a higher 3dmark score at 390/355 so should I keep it at the lower one?

No one have any ideas? Id like to get this card overclocked until I can get a new card. I heard the r360 core is a lot better for overclocking has anyone heard about any of this or have any suggestions?

want to buy my 9800pro with an R360 core :D

did you alreayd make a thread of this in the hardware section

After reading some guides to overclocking video cards I've heard a lot about increasing the voltages and how it often allows better overclockability. I also know that increasing the voltage means increasing the heat the card will make. I'm wondering if I should increase the voltage by .1 v and try more overclocking tests, or am I too likely to fry the card that way?

As far as modding goes, I think maybe I will take off the fan, put on some arctic silver 5 and put the fan back on... maybe.

That and you could lap the heatsink. (Start with 800grit on glass wet sanding, then 1000grit or near it, then 2000grit). You do this to get the surface completely flat.

Sorry I'm new to overclocking, what exactly is gritting?

And did you just say i SHOULD try increasing the voltage or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom