Overclocking Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHeaven

In Runtime
Its a simple question really. Besides getting higher benchmarks, is there a truely noticeable difference in performance during the everyday use of the PC when you overclock? I've never had a system worth trying to overclock (since it was always a stock pre-built, and I wouldn't trust myself to do it), but it seems like everyone here does it. So If anyone has any feed back of the performance differences it would give me some insight into the world of overclocking your systems (CPU's, GPU's, RAM).

Thank,
BLue

It depends on what you do on your 'everyday' use. If it consists of playing high demand games like BF2142 and FEAR on high settings or using applications like CAD, A. After Effects, A. Premier, and some 3D rendering applications then yes; you will notice a difference. But if you email your grandmother and play StarCraft or Solitaire then no, you will not notice a difference. As a matter of fact I see computers coming into our repair office from clients that do nothing more than that and usually less, that have been proverbially raped by companies like D3LL who sell them overkill systems.

Hey BlueHeaven,

Didn't you post this topic already? I remember answering this same exact topic.

Hey BlueHeaven,

Didn't you post this topic already? I remember answering this same exact topic.

I origianlly posted it in this forum, but it didn't seem to get any responses, so I thought I'd try one that got more traffic. Thought this post was gone and dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom