Overclocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
Right now I have an AMD Athlon XP 2500+ with the retail hsf and that crappy thermal pad, running at about 54 C under load. If I was to purchase some Arctic Silver 5 and a Coolermaster Aero 7 Lite hsf, would it be possible to clock to XP 3200+ speeds without getting too hot?

Yes it would; the temps would be very low. And the ASUS A7N8X-X and A7V8X-X are some of the best overclocking boards.

if you can spend around 30-40 i got the extreme volcano 12+ off newegg, and running my xp-m 2400+ at 2.6 ghz running load at 45-ish... its got a fan controller and its REAL loud if you want best heat dissipation... but i love it.

Yes I can also vouch for the extreme volcano 12+, insane cooling, but don't buy it if you're running your computer overnight in your room.

Alex81388 said:
Yes I can also vouch for the extreme volcano 12+, insane cooling, but don't buy it if you're running your computer overnight in your room.

Yeah I learned that the hard way. Can't wait to overclock, but I bet my parents will know when I'm awake past midnight looking up stuff on the internet ;)

Right now I've got a Tt silentboost in my pc and it is very nice! The fans noise is only 21db and the copper hs does a great job. I can't clock very far yet because of my piece-of-crap ECS mobo but im running my 2500+ @ 1980MHz and I dont remember the temperature ever over 45C! You can put a 90mm Tt silentcat fan on it which is 21db and moves twice as much air! Copper is a good idea!

I have the CoolerMaster Aero 7 (not Lite version) and it runs fine. Had it for a long time and fan is still ABOVE rated RPM's. Even at 1.9v it will keep your CPU at a safe temp, running overnight or w/e. It's pretty quiet and comes with a fan controller and all that. I would suggest getting the regular version, the Lite is aluminum and will not perform as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom