Overclocking Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby93

Baseband Member
I've been overclocking it with idle temperatures super low. When gaming I havn't seen CPU core go over 37C. But for some reason I can't overclock past 2.7 GHz. Anything 2.7 or under works perfectly. I have a EVGA 680i sli board and my CPU core voltage is 1.25v and Memory at 2v. I really don't understand, I'm guessing its either my motherboard or something in the bios that is stopping me. Also I have changed my multiplier from 9x to 8x and still no luck :(

Cheers for any help

Funny, i'm doing the exact thing right now.

But I'm stuck at 3.29Gthz at 1.49Vcore

You can seriously bump your vcore, that should get you past 2.7, but remember to set your mem speed maually to 800.

I got my Vcore upto 1.33v and still no luck. And mem speed at 800. Should I go any higher with my Vcore. I have also heard that i might need to update my bios

Also if I need to update my bios I have no clue how to do it, what to download and where to download it so may need a little help :D
I think I have to do this. Thats if it is the right bios. CPU-Z says that it is an EVGA 680i SLI Motherboard (122-CK-NF68) but has Phoenix technologies 6.00pg bios when I think maybe I should have this? http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=204

Cheers James

Well, ironically i just updated to the p33 bios, i used winflash utility to do it, and booted at 3.3GHZ.. first time ever, but i'm at 1.4Vcore as reported by cpu-z, which is 1.45 i the bios settings.

So if i just follow the instructions on that website should it work for my motherboard, and will it fix the problem is the main thing. And everything seems to be a bit ironic these days :p

Cheers James

Yha, I frinally got over 3.3Ghz... But I didn't like my temps... Intelburntest hit 75C before i shut it off.

Not sure if it'll fix your issue, near the end of life for the q6600, they seemed to have lost their overclocking ability. But yes, follow the site to update the bios.

What type of cpu cooler do you have?

I've got the watercooler that came with my thermaltake kandalf case. And i've been trying to download the bloody iso image for like an hour and realised that it was just google chrome being a knob, went on internet explorer and worked perfectly which is a bit strange. Anyway, i'll let you know how it goes.

Hmmmm, I burnt the iso onto a disk, then booted from disk. Everything worked. restarted and I still can't overclock past 2.7 GHz. Its so weird. Any more ideas?

Not a clue how old it is, is there anyway of finding out??
Ermmm, my cpu is at 1.33v and my memory is at 2v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom