Overclocking prospects..

Status
Not open for further replies.

synth7

In Runtime
See my PC stats in my sig

My CPU generally idles in the upper 30s-40C, and my CPU voltage is detected as around 1.36v, according to Everest Ultimate and CPU-Z. Stock heatsink and fan.

With my temperatures in mind, how far do you think I could OC this box? I've never done it hardcore before, so I'd like to take it easy at first? Will I need to up the voltage? Get better cooling?

i would get some artic silver 5 thermal paste. i got mine from ebay for real cheap. it will lower your temperature right off the bat. my old amd xp droped 9*C by wipping off the old paste and putting some of that on.

as far as how high u can get it... i dont know, just start creeping up.

buy an arctic cooler 64 with some quality thermal paste, ie. artic silver 5. I used the arctic cooler with some crappy thermal paste and it got my OC'ed 3200 from high 30's to sub 30. so if you used some good thermal compound it would be much cooler.

you shouldnt really up the vcore by that much or at all really. not sure what the 4400 can take, but dont take it far at all; more risk of frying it.

I'd just start OCing, gradually push the thing up, and run 2 instances of Prime95 to make sure all is stable(compleately stable would be 12+ hours), if you get any errors try increasing the voltage slightly. Once your load temps(running Prime) get past 50 then thats getting towards the limit unless you buy a better cooler. With my Gigabyte G-Power pro I can get it to 2.6@1.5V with a load temp of 51C.
Bare in mind you have to look at your memory aswell when overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom