overclocking proccesors

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1c3_808

In Runtime
my half life 2 has been running really slow lately and i think its my processor. I have a AMD 2800+ clocked at 1.8ghz. in game i experience freezes and stuttering that lasts from 1 through 5 seconds. Will overclocking my proccessor to maybe 2.0ghz improve gameplay?
Its really frustrating when ur in the middle of a gunbattle with combine elites and it freezes for 4 seconds and i end up dying.

edit-
i forgot to mention i dont know how to overclock it or what program to use either

i have directx 9 . when i was playing the nova prospect level everything was running fine. but when i was playing the follow freeman level i was lagging like crazy. i just thought maybe it was the proccesor since when these freezes happend the red light on my case turns on ( the one where it tells u when the computer is thinking or whatever) . so whats the problem? do i need to get mroe ram?

i know not all of u have hl2 and i dont expect u to know what levels im talking about

well you'd have to go higher than just 2ghz to notice a real improvement, but it still probably wont make it smooth like you're thinking. It's more than likely because you have only 512mb of RAM. Mine does that same freeze BS, but it's cause I'm OC'ing my RAM and CPU as well, soo in my case I just need to lower the OC a little bit.

BTW: You might get more help on overclocking if you put it in the 'Overclocking' section and not hardware ;)

Moving it there. Read the sticky at the top of the OC'ing thread

crap im gonna have to buy more ram.

well i guess i cant really do anything about it and im jus gonna have to live with it. i ran out of money.

o my bad for the wrong forum---

Naah i dont think it's his ram because I have played HL2 with 512 meg of ram and it wasnt that badd.

I experince freezes that sound like the same as yours, when i OC my video card alot.

Try lowering your clockspeed on your card to 450 \ 900

If it suddenly works, we know the culprit :squint:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom