overclocking problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastercheif1231

Baseband Member
I think i accidently overclocked my computer too high. Within the first 30 of windows start it freezes. how can i down clock my computer?

Well that dempends on how exactly you over clocked it? Did you overclock the graphics card or processor? If processor did you over clock it on the bios or on the motherboard? If its the graphics card then try booting it in safe mode and then use the program you used to overclock the graphics card in safe mode this way it shouldn't be overclocked when you start windows! If it is the processor then just do the opposite to what you did before!
Hope this helps:)

Re-enter your BIOS and either increase vcore or decrease FSB speed...if you can't do that, you need to clear your CMOS

If you don't know how to undo the things you did then you probably shouldn't be doing them in the first place.

vcore says fail in the bios and how low should i make my FSB its at 800 now and i used a program from a cd from the mobo to overclock my cp

The 800 number is the Intel quad pumped bus speed, your physical front side bus speed is stock 200MHz...anything higher would be considered overclocked

Do yourself a favour, trash the GUI software and use the BIOS, it will save you headaches in the long run and it'll probably yeild better and safer results

i dont know how to use the bios it confusing how to lower the overclockage can u give me a list of steps to do plz?????

It says the FSB setting can only range from 400-2000. I wont be able to type 200. Also for some reason it wont let me change the vcore setting. I cant click on it in the bios. I cant use the software that came with my mobo because windows always freezes before I can open the program. Is there any other way around this? Help me Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom