Overclocking Problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sturm

Solid State Member
Hello all.
I used AtiTool and GPU-Z to overclock my video card, a GeForce 7300GT AGP8x. Yeah, old i know, but i dont play new games.
Anyway, i overclocked its memory and core from 500mhz to 603mhz, while running a chinese power supply with no markins at all, i only know its 275 watts... :D

So, here comes the issue. Everything is fine and dandy when i close the programs, but when i restard the PC, the default clocks are there!

How do i force it to "remember" the new values?

Any suggestions? :)

Did you save the clocks in a new profile? Set the clocks, then click "New", name it whatever you want (I just usually name it the clocks, like mine are 700/950 right now, so I'd save it as that). Then click 'Save.' After that, click on 'Settings' in the lower-right hand corner, click on the dropdown box and pick 'Startup' and then check the box taht says "Everytime ATITOOl is launched, load profile:" and pick your saved profile from the dropdown. Make sure there's a check next to "Load on Windows Startup via:" and then either pick Start menu or Registry entry (not sure what the difference is...I just have mine on Start Menu). Then click 'Back' and it should be saved.

Did you save the clocks in a new profile? Set the clocks, then click "New", name it whatever you want (I just usually name it the clocks, like mine are 700/950 right now, so I'd save it as that). Then click 'Save.' After that, click on 'Settings' in the lower-right hand corner, click on the dropdown box and pick 'Startup' and then check the box taht says "Everytime ATITOOl is launched, load profile:" and pick your saved profile from the dropdown. Make sure there's a check next to "Load on Windows Startup via:" and then either pick Start menu or Registry entry (not sure what the difference is...I just have mine on Start Menu). Then click 'Back' and it should be saved.

Yeah, you either have to set it to do that, and run ATiTool everytime you boot up. Alternatively, you can flash the GPU BIOS with the new speeds. You need to be careful while doing that though, since you can mess up the card.

That's why you can set ATiTool to boot automatically ;).

I don't know if he wants to risk messing with the card's BIOS.

That's why you can set ATiTool to boot automatically ;).

I don't know if he wants to risk messing with the card's BIOS.

Right, that's why I said he had to be careful. ;) I don't like having a lot of stuff starting up, but that's just me. I flashed my GPU BIOS, and I came out unscathed. :cool:

Thank you so much for the quick and precise reply!
How can I set AtiTool to boot on startup? And yes, ive done all the things in the profile.
Would MSConfig do the job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom