Overclocking P4 2.4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpu killer

Beta member
Hey! im new around here, and kinda new to overclocking (all ive ever overclocked was a P3 from 700 to 930, and a Celeron 400 to 450, with an Abit BH-6 mobo, where all I had to do was get a bigger fan stuck onto my mobo in a way itd face the cpu and attach it on with some wire and bump up some settings is CMOS...worked flawlessly for me tho :p)

Well, now ive got a new pc as stated in my sig, and i wanna overclock my P4 as ive heard it can go up to 2.8, its be interesting to see , although i pretty much figure theres not much a 2.4 cant do :/ . Well, i know i gotta bump up the core voltage, but ive no idea how...I mean, i was used to my old Abit where i just entered CMOS and bumped up the core by pressing PgUp, hehe, but those were old time ;).
Now, how do i bump up the voltage for my 2.4? Id guess that its nothing typical, as all i can set thru bios is the clock frequency.
MY cooler runs @ 3500 RPM (80mm, aluminium heatsink), its not exactly TYPICAL stock cooling, id guess itd be a little better, as i bought it off evercool...Although im saving up to get an SLK-900 :).
Well, any help on this issue? Any would be appreciated!
Thanks!!!

Found that the Biostar Mobo have Warpspeeder. The following is from Biostar(Copy/Paste)

This powerful control panel features three user-friendly functions including Overclock Manager, Overvoltage Manager, and Hardware Monitor.

With the Overclock Manager, users can easily adjust the frequency they prefer or get the best CPU speed with just one click. The Overvoltage Manager, on the other hand, helps to power up CPU core voltage and Memory voltage. Also, the cool Hardware Monitor smartly indicates the temperatures, voltage, CPU fan speed as well as the chipset information. In addition, the frequency statuses of CPU, memory, AGP, PCI and the CPU speed are synchronically shown on the main panel.

Moreover, to protect users' computer systems if the setting is not appropriate, [ WarpSpeeder™ ] technology assures the system stability by automatically rebooting the computer and then restarting to a speed that is either the original system speed or a suitable alternative.

Yah, WarpSpeeder actually came with my Mobo, but as far as i saq, all it does is ajust the frequency, and has the hardware monitor...I had heard something about having to connect some pins on the processor to bump up the voltage? Well, im gonna try installing warpspeeder and trying it out.
Thanks!

There might be an overvolt jumper, or something like it, Attached is the jumper settings, just change the entension to pdf

Attachments

• ipod.gif
    45 KB · Views: 52
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom