overclocking an opteron 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
would it be safe to overclock a opteron 170 from 2.0ghz to 3.0? would'nt that make it unstable or even fry the chip

if youre gonna oc it that much you might not be able to run it on air cooling, probably will only be stable under water cooling, but dont qoute me on that.

People are running there Opteron's at 3ghz on air... Just because I want to hit 3ghz on air, doesn't mean I will be able to. It just means that is my goal. I can't force the cpu to do 3ghz stable if it only wants to do 2.8.

Also since I have a question pertaining to this topic.

What is the absolute max volts I should put through my processor temps aside?

Will 300htt fry my DFI mobo once I get it (1:1 ram)?

Am I correct in saying the 170 has a 10x multiplier?

These are the things I need to know fo sho before I start mad oc'ing on air.

1.7vcore should be max on AMD64s especially on air...anything over that has been known to fry the memory controller...generally speaking for air on a 90nm core we're talking +0.25 stock vcore

170 has a 10x multiplier and 300HTT is nothing so long as you lower LDT ratio and increase LDT and chipset voltage to recommended values...easiest way of testing max HTT is to lower CPU multiplier and increase HTT with memory divider

Okay just checking... I don't think I want to go over even 1.65vcore if I can help it. Did you get your 165 yet gaara?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom