Overclocking an opteron 144

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
ok im pretty sure it has a 9X multiplier and its stock speed is 1.8ghz. i just want to know what would be the most reasonable speed to overclock it to. i was gonna go for 2.6 but i did the math and that boosts the FSB up to about 280mhz so i think i might so for about 2.4ghz instead. has anyone here overclocked and opteron 144 before? and if you have what's it overclocked to, whats the FSB, and the voltages.

What stepping do you have?

I've heard that the newer steppings top out at ~2.8GHz max, as opposed to the late CAYBE's that did over 3.0GHz.

What do you think your RAM can do? 280MHz isn't exactly a walk in the park but alot of sticks out now can do it. You could always run a divider as well if your RAM holds you back and you jsut want CPU power.

Well im just asking this in advance cuase i dont have my computer yet and it could be anywhere from now to 6 months from now. so im just asking.

Oh ok, always good to ask ahead of time, no worries. See if you can find some good RAM that will give you at least 260MHz wih decent timings and not way too much voltage. Also a strong mobo to do it all on. In 6 months time though there may be more options...jut have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom