Overclocking an old Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilotwings119

Banned
I just recently aquired a Dell Dimension L700cx Intel Celeron 700mhz. I reformatted the 10gig hd and put XP home on it. It has 64mb of ram. I'm thinking i can upgrade this baby a bit and turn it into a decent computer. I just wanted to know, how can i overclock it? In BIOS, the speed settings are locked, so i dont know what to do. PLEASE HELP!!

wow that really sux... i thought there was at least some way to hack BIOS.. i'll wait for some more responses just in case someone knows something we don't

You can make your own BIOS...good luck:p

It'd be next to immpossible to get a Dell BIOS modified and workable i believe...cuz there mobo's are ultra sensitive and probably would fry to a slight tweak. but of course someone always does the impossible...so maybe Google will find you some nice modified Dell BIOS's...or maybe not. lol.

Pilotwings119 said:
oh... i didnt know that- thanks

no problem...i've tried to overclock Dell laptops and HP workstations before:)

I got to the point where you are probably on the computers...had to find what IC's they used and who made them and what not...neither were supported and my screen went all goofy and pixely and i about fried the laptop. never tried that again lmao.

you can maybe find a hacked bios but it wil be full of bugs, so i wouldnt do that but since its old who cares!

yes- exactly. im just going to sell all the parts now on ebay. does anyone know if selling a product key on ebay is illegal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom