Overclocking Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AF64 Pro is only $23.99 at svc.com....and it's one of the best bang for your buck HSFs. So for around the same price, what HSFs are you talking about?

He said he wanted it to be around the $30 mark, and I thought the AF64 Pro with AS5, matches that.

Well on newegg there were quite a few $30 fans.. but I"m not sure if they are as good as the one you suggest?

So the fan I bought... didn't fit my motherboard. Don't get me wrong it was for the correct socket, my motherboard had too many capacitors around it making it almost impossible to really fit it in. There just wasn't enough room.

So the fan I bought... didn't fit my motherboard. Don't get me wrong it was for the correct socket, my motherboard had too many capacitors around it making it almost impossible to really fit it in. There just wasn't enough room.

which motherboard do you hav? my zalman CPNS9500 fitted on my MATX 939 mobo with plenty of room left around it. Are you sure you mounted it correctly?

here is an image of the cooler mounted on a motherboard, correct me if this image is wrong as i dont use this cooler:

CoolerMountedsmall.jpg

Yeah it happens, but as nick said, check to see if you mounted it correctly. The heatsink should be facing towards the exhaust fans which is in the back.

I'd never suggest going 64-bit. Still a ton of driver issues with any version of windows in 64-bit.

Whenever doing overclocking, I always suggest getting an aftermarket heatsink and using Artic Silver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom