Overclocking Nightmarey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason being the HT frequency is related to the SATA ports so if you **** that up then windows is screwed.
Not on his board. The sata ports are locked. I think it may be all nf4, I forget. Nf3 boards generally have 2 locked and 2 unlocked, but all his are. It's the RAM and CPU screwing up with all the restarts and blue screens and whatnot that can screw up the HT in his case.

Also, you may consider each of your ram sticks. Run memtest86+ for a couple hours on each stick and make sure they each can get in windows and maybe some 3dmark05 and whatnot

if it's your PSU, a multimeter is handy to have in order to test the rails yourself since software can be faulty sometimes. Mine DFI Ultra-D reads at 11.77v on the +12v rail, but if I test it with multimeter it's on 12v even.

but i cant get in windows to run memtest. all i want to do is get into windows like i used to so i can play some bf2. lol

You run memtest from the BIOS. There is an option under the spot where you adjust the HTT freq, etc. At the very bottom. Change it from "disable" to "enable." This will automatically run memtest when you turn on your computer.

o ok. what will this do. i know it will test my memory for flaws, but i mean is there any way to fix them? also if there any certain changes i should make in the bios to accomadate the ram i listed in my previous post.

no it will not fix them. it is a diagnostic tool to find out if either your memory is unstable or bad. if you get errors downclock/underclock your memory and try again. overclocking can completely corrupt a windows installation because the cpu can make really stupid errors and then it kind of goes like a domino effect from there

so run memtest and if the memory is corrupt get new ones. and if it is not corrupt then i will probably have to reinstall windows. right?

wait its not underclocked i havent messed with the memory frequency. do i need to underclock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom