Daemon Poster
Ok first off heres my set up:
HEC 450w Powersupply
Kingston HyperX PC3200 RAM
AMD X2 4400+
DFI Lanparty Sli
Evga 7800gtx
74gb Raptor Hard Drive

i was overclocking and everything was going great until i bumped up the FSB to 232 mhz. First time i started windows and i couldnt log in cuz each time i did it i would just get my desktop pic and nothing else. then i bumped it back down to 230 and raised the voltage to 1.4 (origanally at 1.33). then i booted it up and all i get is a black screen. the diagnostic leds goes like this. one goes away then they all come back and starting blinking. it sounds like the hard drive is trying to reload itself over and over again. i have popped the cmos battery out and put it back in. same results. please tell me what to do? i hope i have not totally screwed this comp. up.

btw. i upgraded my psu last week so i know its not that.

You have to take the CMOS battery out for 10minutes to an hour to get it fully cleared. There is a jumper right next to it that says "CCMOS." Switch it from pins 1-2 to 2-3 and push the power button. It should reset the CMOS. Return it to its original position (on pins 1-2) and you should be fine.

ok that did not work same results. omg i really need to get this working. please help me

You might have killed the power supply. Also, with the CCMOS jumper, all you need to do is set it to the clear position while the computer off and unplugged, and leave it like that for about 10 minutes, then put it back to normal and try booting up. Also, try pressing the power button while the pc is unplugged, this drains the capacitors, and this has worked several times for me.

You can just take the battery out for 10 inutes that should do the trick. If it doesn't take the battery out move the jumpers from 1-2 to 2-3 power on the pc for just a second then shut it off (if it doesn't power on just leave it) then replace the jumpers and then finally the battery. Then try it. If it still doesn't work try testing the power supply. Take the power supply out of the case and take the big 24pin connector.Find and take a random wire lying around your house and shove one end into the green wire and the other end on whatever black wire (just for a ground).After that plug a fan into one of the regular connectors then turn on the power supply and see if it works.

1 more post to go until 1000!!

ok yay its up and running but now windows wont boot. first i only had one stick of ram in there (512mb) and it would get stuck at the screen where the the winxp logo and it was trying to load. i let it sit there for about 5 minutes and it wouldnt boot. so i held the power button down and turned it off. then i put the rest of my ram in there (4 sticks, 2 gigs) and it would go past the winxp logo but only to give me a blue screen, it goes away so fast i cant read it. then the blue screen goes away and it reboots. ive tried to boot it in safe mode but get the same result. do you think i need to reinstall winxp? cuz i really dont want to. any ideas?

Your RAM is probably configured incorrectly in the BIOS. Give us a link to the RAM you have.

I'm thinking the same thing as 003. However overclocking can sometimes screw windows up. Reason being the HT frequency is related to the SATA ports so if you **** that up then windows is screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom