overclocking nforce2 IGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

backlashwave

Baseband Member
hi
to over clock the nforce2 IGP
(i know that geforce mx 440 is an old processor but i am cash starved and cannot buy a new graphics card for some more time)
one of u suggested me to use power strip,this thing works the onboard geforce mx440 runs at 199.13MHz in default and can be overclocked to 265 MHz.is it safe since the IGP is loacted on the northbridge is themotherboard temp equal to the temp of the north bridge.the north bridge does not have fan but has a tall heat sink.guy plz tell me is it safe to overclock.i don't want any damage to my Mother Board.or plz tell me how to monitor the temp of the north bridge.

and one more thing this onboard graphics card delivers an average of 45 FPSwhile playing half -life 2 on medium settings with anti aliasing and other options turned of now the real question is "is it worth ovrclocking the GPU i,e;will it give better performance or is it the best it can deliver.

yes i did the last i did i didn't know abt power strip and i know abt power strip and now i am worried abt the temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom