overclocking newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh, i've seen it, so should I just show you guys those temps after overclocking. And the control panel also has an over clocking system. You can do it manually, or ask them to auto matically detect. If i over clock, when should i stop. Lik up to what temp should in go to. Whats the avg max?

on my own personal experience with my 6800GT when temps go 90+C then things get a little too toasty, nvidia warning comes up with me at about 110-115C so that's normally an indicator that you have oc`d to much. Also once you start to get artifacts and graphical glitches.

hmm, wat temps do u get when ure not playing games? because i get about 49C. I havent checked during. So ure saying i can keep over clocking if the temp stays low? But once the temp starts getting to high with graphical errors i should lower it down? And do u suggest i overclock with the control panel, or riva tuner?

river tuner.

my temps on idol are 65+ lol but my cards dying, for overclocking just go up small increments play a game, check temps see if any graphical problems occur. Just don't think you can suddenly up everything lol eventually you have a limit.

well yeh, i know that, ill keep increasing by abit. And if it gets to about 80-90, then ill thing ill stop. And if the overclocking goes fine, do u think the lagging will get better? Is it easy to use Riva Tuner?

ill try gettin the 84.21 driver, worked for other ppl. But do u think my motherboard is ok for it. I hav an emachines. I have the specs down, i cud give more info if needed? I really dont want to spend more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom