Overclocking: New Pc Parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiLeNtCovenant

Solid State Member
Hi, I'm new to this forum and computer hardware in general so, if I ask n00bish questions, please bare with me. :D

I'm planning on buying parts for an upgrade to my old pc... Right now, I'm looking at parts from NewEgg and here's what I've come across:
=====================================
Motherboard:
NF7-S

Processor:
AMD Mobile XP 2500+

UPDATE:
Fan / Heatsink:
TR2TT Fan/Heatsink

Memory:
512MB DDR Kingston Ram
EDIT: Links Fixed! :eek:
=====================================
These are the parts that I've been suggested to get... :amazed:
Will these be good to overclock with? I'm aimed to oc them to the 3200+.
From what I've read in the reviews, this processor can his 3200+ speeds fresh out of the box! I would like to know how this is done and if it's possible to achieve these speeds with the stock fan and heatsink?

Does the CPU even come with a fan and heatsink? At NewEgg, it doesn't say processor only, nor does it say that it comes with a fan/heatsink? Which is it? :confused:

Thanks in Advance! :cool:

Is the CPU retail or OEM

Retail=Heatsink
OEM=just processor

i know the 2500 can easily hit 3200+ but i would make sure you don't overheat it because the stock heatsink is meant for the 2500+. If it overheats pick up a new one.

usually when sumtin says mobile or requiers low power its meant 4 laptops but i guess from the reviews ppl gave it this one is a desktop processor too

it is but it fits in the desktops and it has advantages:

-Stock voltage is 1.45
-Tested up to 108C because laptops get hot
-More overclocking potential
-Unlocked multiplier

i have one

Oh man, I guess none of the Mobile processor come with a fan or heatsink then huh, at least none frmo new egg? Does it at least come with a thermal pad?

Don't worry about it, I have a XP2500+ and I hit XP3200+ speeds without even breaking a sweat - I sometimes do it in a rush, just throw my FSB speed to 200MHz, don't even change anything else; runs a beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom