Overclocking my x2 6400+

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
ok so I just got a new PSU (Cooler Master extreme power 500watt) and i thought for sure I would be able to OC now since before my PSU wasn't cutting it. I've been having some problems. Right now i have it at 3.5ghz. I set the HTT Multi to 4x and i set my ram to 667 instead of 800mhz. But when i run prime 95 it gets an error right off the bat. Anyone have any suggestions for me? Here's a screen shot of cpu-z, my temp monitor,and prime 95. My vcore is at 1.54v and the cpu is only at 25 C.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/airblue7/myoc6400.jpg

I'll try that next man thanks, but i forgot to mention after about 20 minutes my pc will just freeze, and i'll be forced to restart it. with my old PSU it would just go to blue screen right away. I'm not getting blue screen anymore, but i'm not making any progress either lol. I'm starting to think maybe my mobo is unstable, but I've seen plenty of people OC their other cpu's on the Tforcr 550SE, iono lol. this is confusing.

bah, hitting 3.5 is pretty hard reguardless... 3.0 ghz is hard for any amd processor to hit alone.. though i know yours comes at 3.2.. from whati 've seen and heard those dont' have alot of headroom for oc

ya that's true, I'm just trying to squeeze out everything its got. If worse comes to worse I'll just have to leave it at 3.2ghz and just be satisfied with that because that's still high, but i want to oc this sucker lol

TBH I think you'll be hard pressed getting much more out of that chip. Even the stock 3.2ghz is impressive for 90nm technology...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom