overclocking my P3 and TNT2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apokalipse

Golden Master
I have a 700MHZ Pentium 3 coppermine at 7 x 100FSB

in a Gigabyte 6VXE+ - that is a slot 1 board but I have a card that goes into the slot which I put in a socket 370 CPU

and my video card is an Nvidia TNT2 Pro, and XP recognises it as an Ultra

some of the games I play lag, so I want to overclock

CPU and video card have stock cooling, although I might get something better if I can overclock them

I can't overclock from the BIOS, but I know you can get some tools
the problem is finding them

I did find one for the TNT2 called tnt2clk, but it is not for XP

hey man, check out this page... Listed are a bunch of different oc programs you can check out...
*edit*
it'd help if I posted a link eh?
http://www.pchardware.ro/Download/index.php?catid=10

IMO, I dunno what kinds of games you play, but I really don't think oc your system is going to get you anywhere at all. As you said you'll get better cooling if you can overclock.. why not look into a newer video card?

I found an MSI 9200SE for 40 bucks
9600SE for 105
9600Pro for 135
9600XT for 145

If you were gonna spend money to get a hsf for you cpu (20) and something for your video card (10-20) might wanna look into a 9200SE... wouldn't get you much further, but it'd be better than the TNT2.

I'm already saving money for a better computer, I wont spend that much on cooling, maybe $50 (aus) max ($25 for GPU and $25 for CPU)
I just want an inexpensive way to get a little more performance while I'm stuck on it

yea I figured that's what you were heading for, just thought I'd.. push for at least a 9200se, then you wouldn't have to oc =)

Did you find anything useful on that site though?

you can use compatibility mode in winxp, works half the time for me... and id definitely say just save the extra 50$ and put it towards a better card/cpu later... but its your money.

I'm using Rivatuner for the video card now, II got some ramsinks and put them on the video card, and I put one on the HDD's cache chip, and 3 on the mobo
so far I've gone from 143MHZ core and 150MHZ memory to 172MHZ core and 205MHZ memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom