Overclocking my new E6300 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narpstar

Solid State Member
Hey guys, I'm new to all this computer building/overclocking deal... just wanting a few tips.

I've just put together a new system:

Intel E6300
MSI P965 Neo
2 GIG of generic DDR2-667 RAM
GeForce 7900GS
Samsung SATA 7200rpm

It's up and running and everything looks good, but I was just looking at the MSI Core Center and the overclocking options available there and thought I might find out some info about it, like:

- is it worth using Core Center to overclock my system?
- could I damage my system by overclocking using Core Center?
- is there a better way to go about it?

If I have to buy extra cooling systems or anything like that, I wont bother. But if there's an easy and safe enough way to overclock, I figure why not ey?

Cheers,
Ben

There are several good articles on it and unfortunately I cannot link to them right now(I'm at work). But will post a reply with links later. The RAM is gonna limit potential drastically.

leje0306 said:
There are several good articles on it and unfortunately I cannot link to them right now(I'm at work). But will post a reply with links later. The RAM is gonna limit potential drastically.

It's not going to limit him at all, in his post he said if he has to buy extra cooling he wont bother, so he wont max his RAM's capability before he would need an aftermarket HSF.

Narpstar, you won't hurt your system using that program. Since you don't see to know that much about overclocking, I wouldn't suggest doing it in the BIOS, so core center is the way to go for you. I would say you can get your e6300 up to 2.3 safely. If your system locks up when you're overclocking, dont worry, it just didnt like the settings and you can restart and everything is normal. Just make sure you raise your RAM's voltage by .1 or .2 before overclocking for good measure. I have stock cooling on mine and can get up to 2.3, so I feel you can do the same if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom