overclocking my E2180

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i heard someone say that the E2180 could easily push the FSB to 300 at stock volts. I was just about to do that, when I realized that my PSU might limit it. Well, I guess I'll go in increments.

I wasnt able to boot at 10x300. Right now im running 10x250 at stock volts, still tying to figure out what it can do. Off topic, how do i get the other uh, 3.6TB of hard drive space to show up. Heh for the life of me i cant remember where to go in windows to have it scan for hard drives.

I just installed the new bios beta from abit. I have seen some people do 3.0 on stock vcore. I'm gonna see what I can do on stock vcore.

What exactly is the stock voltage on these chips. I'm so far up to 2.9ghz @ 1.325v. 2.95ghz gave me a BSOD when vista tried to load.

what you have it at. Don't be afraid to pump voltage in this thing. It can take quite a bit as long as you have a good cooler.

I wasnt able to boot at 10x300. Right now im running 10x250 at stock volts, still tying to figure out what it can do. Off topic, how do i get the other uh, 3.6TB of hard drive space to show up. Heh for the life of me i cant remember where to go in windows to have it scan for hard drives.

Go to run and then type : diskmgmt.msc

Ya, im not afraid of pushing too much voltage through it, i bought an AF7 for 20 bucks to go along with it. But i wanna see what i can get out of it on stock voltage. Seems 2.85ghz is all i can get with any stability. Anything past that and i start getting BSOD's. Also, thanks lancec, all of my other hdd's ive had the software to run to have windows see the drive, but all of these are oems, thus no software, and i couldnt remember where it was.

Got going so far on 1.325 but I had to bump NB to 1.33 for it to run stable @ fsb 301. I'll be back from the bars later to show another screenie. Hopefully it doesnt fail when I get back. Load 53/ idle/27 w/ open case and stock e6** HSF and AS5.

3010mhz fails after an hour. **** it! 2950mhz pass is still stable after 5 hours w/ all stock settings. Anyone hit the 3000 mark yet stock. I have to pump alot of voltage after that just to get it to 3300. Veedub how's it going for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom