Overclocking My CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legion2005

In Runtime
Alright... I have heard I can overclock with this motherboard pretty well, (asus A7V8X-X). Before when I had a vantec aeroflow, or something like that, my cpu was at about 100F on startup. Now I have watercooling and my cpu is approx 90F. I was just wondering how much I could overclock it (CPU is AMD Athlon XP 2700+ 333MHZ FSB). Also, in my bios there isnt many options for overclocking, I was wondering about any programs out there for download??? I was looking into flashing my bios, but I have never done that before and I looked at the asus site, and they said if you dont have any problems dont flash it because it can create problems.

Definately dont flash your bios unless youve done it before. not for the faint of heart and if you do something wrong your screwed. reseting the bios wont help you. You cannot change cpu FSB and multiplier on the fly from windows it would need to be done in Bios. If you dont have the ability to change the FSB and/or multiplier in the bios theres not much else you can do

overclocking your CPU by 10% is relatively safe.
for example: from 1000MHZ to 1100MHZ

Mostly in the BIOS, yes

I have heard about programs to where you can overclock in windows.... nobody else has heard of these?

I have mine oc'd with a program called clockgen and it works quite well. but you must select the right one in relation to your mobo and also have their little utility CPU-Z running at the same time which is a CPU detector and monitoring prog.

I have to use these utilities cuz my mobo has a locked bios. mobo is a salvaged HP P4 that I got for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom