overclocking my core 2 duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafunkmon

Baseband Member
i just got crysis sp demo, and i already overclocked my 8600 gts, but i want to get just a little bit more performance from my processor. my core 2 duo 6320 runs at 1.86 ghz and ive heard you can overclock them to 2.6 to 3.0 ghz so i was wondering ive got a stock cooler and stock fan, how much more do you think i would need to overclock it if i want to get 5 or more fps on crysis? also ive tried going on my bios and it says that "none of these fields are changeable", how am i supposed to overclock if i cant change the settings using my bios?

Did you buy your computer or build it yourself? The only way you'll be able to overclock in the BIOS is if you built it. Computer manufacturers lock the BIOS options need to overclock.

Did you buy your computer or build it yourself? The only way you'll be able to overclock in the BIOS is if you built it. Computer manufacturers lock the BIOS options need to overclock.

It not the "only" way but is the best way. Was it prebuilt or selfmade?

Moreover, perbuilt computers can also be overclock through the BIOS.

From who then? Since I have never seen a computer from Dell, HP, Gateway or anyone else where you can change the multiplier or FSB in the BIOS. Unless it is a computer prebuilt from some high performance company like Alienware or Falcon or someone like that, then as far as I know, you cannot change any setting related to CPU speed.

its a dell, and i heard that there are downloadable programs that would allow me to overclock? what would be my best option if i cant do it on through the bios?

its a dell, and i heard that there are downloadable programs that would allow me to overclock? what would be my best option if i cant do it on through the bios?

Yeah you won't be able to do it through the BIOS of a Dell. There are programs you can download, such as Clockgen. Other than that one, I don't know of any others. I have EasyTune 5 on my computer, but its the program that came with my motherboard, so I'm not sure if motherboard specific programs would work. Clockgen should work though. Just google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom