Overclocking my AMD processor. Why does my PC stabalize so good? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Old 03-11-2015, 04:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Overclocking my AMD processor. Why does my PC stabalize so good?

This isn't a normal question people usually complain about , which in my case I'm not rather just curious.

We'll my friend, he has a fairly stronger PC than mine better card more ram and everything.

The thing is, we both have AMD proccesors and we both use the same program to overclock out CPU's which is AMD OverDrive.

Thing is, I can overclock my processor to full potential which is a normal 2.20GHz to a maximum of 3.40GHz and its stays like that for hours and its stablizied and everything. We ran benchmark tests and such.

I even let me computer on all day and all night for multiple days whilst overclocked and it doesn't break a sweat. Just you know every once and a while the fan will turn out loud as hell *VROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM* for a couple minutes than shut off.

Not only that but I can also overclock my GPU to more than max potential and nothing happends.

My PSU is 300W MAX, any reason why my computer just magically handles it self better than my friends?

My friend says its because one either its his processor (even though his processor is more powerful than mine un overclocked) , or that my processor has a better than his.

If you are curious, my friend he can overclock his CPU just not the max potential like mine can. His will just shut off when he tries to run a benchmark test, and if he doesn't it'll just shot off after a while by itself.

ashtrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Overclocking my AMD processor. Why does my PC stabalize so good?

Well differences in hardware are a big thing here. You'd need to list out each PC build, but even if you had identical hardware one machine would still be different than the rest. It's what us in the overclocking enthusiast world call the "silicon lottery".
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote