Overclocking my 7950GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syphanx said:
yeh i know that but is it better to increase one more than the other? and like what do each speeds affect within the gpu?
the core does the actual graphical processing, so core speed increases will do a lot more. the memory stores textures, and overclocking it only gets a real speed benefit if you have a program that uses lots of large textures.

ATITool is working right now, but the core speed is way off. It started at 275, but stock is 430. Is something screwed here?

And the temp... It's saying the GPU is at -161C, but Everest says 96C.

EDIT: Took it back to default settings. Everything looks like it's supposed to now... I guess the GPU got a little too hot.

So does volt modding make your system more secure, thus creating the possiblity to raise the core and memory speeds without producing artifacts?

Mines stable at 600/1610...

So what do you think I would get out of my card if I increased the voltage to 1.75V? Or if not, what do you think would be a reasonable overclocking voltage?

I don't know 7950's too well but be careful with the voltage, watch your temps and it should put you a nice bit over 600.

Syphanx said:

I can get it to about 570/820 (memory could probs go up to 850), but any higher than that and artifacts start showing.

same on my GT! I don't know what to do about it, as it doesnt artifact much, like 1 every 5 mins or something. Do people think it would be a good idea to ignore them and push higher, or not?

well i just downclocked the memory a bit from like 820 - 805, then up'd the core speed to 600 and it worked ok. Afterall the core speed makes more of a performance difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom