overclocking my 4200+

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
see my sig for specs and im trying to overclock it, i got the retail cpu cooler only but ive got 6 120mm case fans and ive got both cores from standard 2.2ghz up to 2.4ghz which i think is pathetic, how can i really overclock it lets say to at least 3.2ghz or even to 2.9ghz

when i go in my bios theres these settings

HT frequency ratio - 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 2.5x all the way to 5x

CPU frequency - its from 200 to 400mhz so far ive set it to 215mhz

K8 CPU Clock ratio - x5, x5.5, x6, x6.5 all the way to x8

also theres the psu voltage but i really dont want to mess with that as people say it may fry your proc

k8 cpu clock ration, for your cpu, that surely should be 11X ??? or is that not the multiplier?

3.2ghz is an unrealistic goal, especially on stock cooler.

Set HT frequency ratio to 3.0 or 3.5

set your DDR clock to 100mhz (only initially)

Then you can increase slowly your cpu frequency until it stops posting. Increase 5mhz increments, then save in bios and restart. Once you reach your maximum, try increasing your cpu voltage just a little bit, and see how far you can get your cpu to go with the new voltage. I'm not sure what voltages your 4200+ works at, but i believe 1.35v is default, and i'm sure you can get it to 1.50 or 1.55v safely. The stock heatsink for the 4200+ is pretty good i believe, its got the heatpipes.

Once you know the limit of your CPU, now you can start looking at the ram. Set your ram back to 200mhz and your cpu clock also to 200 and start increasing slowly until it stops posting, once it stops you'll know the limit of your ram. Set the appropriate divider once you know the limit of both ram and cpu. I'm not sure how the settings for the ram on your mobo is, but you either set up a divider (e.g. 3:5) or you set the speed manually.

ive set my multiplier to 221 mhz and thats got me to 2.43ghz and when i up the HT freq i see no chance and when i up the K8 cpu clock ratio to x7.5 i dont see my cores getting faster

i set the HT freq to2.5x, the K8 cpu core clock ratio to x7.5 and the cpu freq to 221 mhz and all i get is 2.4ghz from the 2.2ghz stock speed, thats not alot, is it? also i tried bumping up the voltage, i cant even bump it to 0.875 without a bluescreen appearing straight adfter i reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom