Overclocking Mobile XPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could pull a nubius and claim to be a n00b and the computer magically shut off :p but I was like 10 days shy of their 90 day guarantee but hey there's always the manufacturer warrenty that you could RMA it :D

im pretty sure Newegg will let me RMA it if i want. I already voided manufacturer warranty (bwahahaha...oops) but that doesn't matter much. It's perfectly stable right now (233*11, and was running 2.3GHz for a few days)...just it wont get me higher FSB like i want (still stuck at 233 even with 550watts). I might have been blaming the wrong thing all along...and its really a bad mobo :( still testing as usual lol.

lol well dude technically I voided mine too....I fried the damn thing while attempting the volt mod :p If I had told newegg the truth they wouldn't have shipped me a new one.

My system is very unstable, today its been ok, but i cant OC it without the blue screen of death which is hardware related because my ram is SHIT..... And my HDD keeps going corrupt makeing me think i have a boot sector virus.... which i hope to freaking god i dont....

Nubius said:
lol well dude technically I voided mine too....I fried the damn thing while attempting the volt mod :p If I had told newegg the truth they wouldn't have shipped me a new one.

oooo ok. i just popped mine open and looked for adjustable pots (which there arent't any of course) but i slavaged the torn sticker and made it look pretty good again. i don't think newegg checks for voided warranties unless they are REALLY bad (like maybe you ripped off the socket of the mobo or something lol)

i don't think newegg checks for voided warranties unless they are REALLY bad (like maybe you ripped off the socket of the mobo or something lol
Yeah a part of my BIOS socket was actually broken off from when I had to hot flash it :p and they didn't notice that.

I can tell my board must be an earlier version though. It has black dimms and the capacitors near the Vcore mosfets don't have the color coded coating on them, just silver tubes.

Previous board had the blue and purple dimms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom