overclocking memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think you have the wrong idea about what overclocking is. You posted earlier on trying to overclock a 128mb GFX card to 256mb, and u got the response that you cant because that is adding memory which you cant do. Now you want to "overclock" 2gigabytes of memory to 2.5 gigabytes of memory, and this is not possible. Overclocking increases the speed of things, you are adding memory to things you cant add memory to.

WOW, i told i dont know how many times in another thread of yours u dont overclock it to get more ram you overclock the speeds of the ram.
For example a 128mb 5200 the core clock and memory clock are 250/300 when you oc something you're raising the core clock and memory clock not the amount of ram. Same thing said for ram, you're raising the speed of the ram when you oc not the amount.

PLS, ban this kid.

If you ban him, when's he ever gonna learn? The time is nigh, even though it may be a little difficult to teach.
P.S. To overclock 2 GB of RAM to 2.5, install another 512 MB.

When you overclock you memory, you do not increase the ammout of memory, you increase the speed of the memory. Right now your memory runs at 200MHz (DDR400). You might be able to overclock it to 250MHz (DDR500). Please read the overclocking sticky. The same thing applys to overclocking video cards and processors.

bkolk said:
i think you have the wrong idea about what overclocking is. You posted earlier on trying to overclock a 128mb GFX card to 256mb, and u got the response that you cant because that is adding memory which you cant do. Now you want to "overclock" 2gigabytes of memory to 2.5 gigabytes of memory, and this is not possible. Overclocking increases the speed of things, you are adding memory to things you cant add memory to.

Wow if you try ocing a vid card from 128 to 256 theres this thing everyone hates where you hear BOOM BOOM BOOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom