Overclocking Laptop Graphics ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisgill369

In Runtime
Well basicaly i got this really crap onboard (i think) graphics and i very rarely get more than 10fps (hardly playable) on counter strike condition zero.

So would it be possbile to overclock it and how much more performance would i get.

The graphics card/onboard graphics is called RADEON IGP 345M
and its a 64mb. Thinking about it, it has to be onboard because i only have 192mb of RAM.

Thanks
- Chris

its not really smart to overclock laptop video cards cause theyre usually soldered on and not removable so itll affect your whole computer plus laptop cooling isnt as great as desktop so youll end up overheating and end up screwing something up

I wouldent try that, besides those cards are just weak to begain with. So a minor speed increase wouldent help that much. Theirs alot more to OC, then just installing a software and increasing voltage.

The main point to see here is the fact that when you play games they put out a lot of heat in that tiny little space as it is. There's really no safe way to OC any part of a laptop, it's just too cramped and too hot in that little space muchless trying to OC

ok i kinda thought i would get that reply and it does make sense, about the heat and such.

I will have to make sure i get my desktop finished asap then :)

hmmm what can i do to try and get a better fps.
It always used to be fine and then all of a sudden it buggered
up and now its hardly playable. Ive got the res down low,
graphics settings on low, classic style windows theme with
now desktop icons and shutdown all the programs that arent needed.

I cant think of anything else really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom