Is this an overclocking issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric0h

Over and Above Person
Alright, so I change stuff and made my pcu go 2.8 stable.

Now, I was getting lots of problems, like many programs not responding, specially on the boot up, So what I tried to do is just reintall vista, But my hard drive would not appear.

So what I though was a good idea, ended up being a horrible Idea, what I did was delete and mess with the windows files, so that I forcefully had to reinstall, but once again my hard drive wont appear.

Alright, so I went into the bios stuff, and noticed that the hard drive would not show up, so I tried everything, and then I stopped the overclocking, and changed power(not sure what it was) from standard which was recommended for OC to Turbo, and when I switched to turbo I alteast could atleast see my hard drive on bios.

So I am guessing this is an overclocking problem. Not sure. I did noticed however, that from a long time ago, I placed my hard drive as a slave, anyone know how to change it to master?

sounds like your overclocking settings were overheating the northbridge chipset maybe, which would possibly give you drive problems.

to make that drive master should just be a jumper change on the drive.

I guess I could do that, but then, as far as I know, I only have one cable connector or whatever to the motherboard.

Do you think that can fix the problem?

Also, overheating? I dont think so, I only got my q6600 to 2.8, and did not even increased voltage. and my temps were almost exactly as they were when I was running at stock speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom