Overclocking Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spets

Beta member
Hey guys (and maybe girls)

im new to this forum and i already have a problem :p

well two actually, main one is

I have an e6750 dual core 2.66GHz processor, and i had it oc'ed to 3.6GHz for the last 2 or 3 months with no problems at all, all stability tests show up fine

freq: 450
Vcore: 1.375

i recently had to re-install vista, ive done this a good few times before and my oc settings never changed, and even when they did i could just pop them back in and away i go, but this time when i try to oc it, i set "host cpu control" to "enabled" in bios, then clock up the frequency to 450 and the vcore to 1.375, click f10, the pc restarts as normal, 3 seconds into boot-up it restarts again, and gets stuck on the very first screen (dont know its technical name but its the one where you can select the POST, the BIOS and the BOOT-UP screens from)

i cant do anything and forced to manually cut off the power at the bakc of the pc, when i go back into bios the "enable host cpu control" option has been changed back to "disabled" now i first thought maybe my cpu had enough but it happens for ANY o'c i try, no matter how small,

please could you guys give me any indication of what could be wrong with it?
thanks in advance
Spets

Could be any number of things. My guess is you might have some memory going bad, or if its an nvidia chipset, the board might be dying. Need more specs.

What board
What memory
what voltages on everything else

well i hope not as i bought all this 3 months ago lol. here are the links

cpu
Komplett.ie - Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.67GHz 1333Mhz Socket LGA775, 4MB, BOXED w/fan
mb
Komplett.ie - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L, P35, Socket-775, ATX, GbLAN, DDR2, ICH9, PCI-Ex16
ram
Komplett.ie - A-DATA DDR2 PC5300 2048MB CL5 Kit w/two matched DDR2 667 1024MB CL5

erm voltages are all on auto/default except the cpu voltage is at 1.375 and the ram increasing at 0.2

thats about it, i didnt change anything else, just the cpu fsb.

what i did was i used the gigabyte utility "easytune 5" to speed up my cpu to 130% or so (ill it reached 3.6) tested it, it was stable, both cores, temps below 50. no instability issues at all. switched to advanced mode, wrote down the readings, went and copied them into bios.... now i cant do anything with it for some reason :(

Are you overclocking using bios settings or a windows program. The only way to get a reliable overclock is through bios settings. That might be part of the problem.

through bios, i used the programme to determine stable specs, but thing is it doesnt work anymore, i cant oc in bios for some reason thats completly beyond me

thanks for the link, i read up some stuff then googled the double boot and the solution it seems is to clear the cmos and remove the battery for half hour apparently, ill try it later on and let ya know how it goes, thanks a bunch

late response and here is why

update the bios, read in the manual "you can use either QFlash or @BIOS to update your BIOS".... what the manual forgot to mention is that @BIOS has a tendency to burn down your BIOS.

so anyway i was BIOS-less for a few days and couldnt turn on my pc, after some brainstorming i finally figured out how to bring it back to life

but i still have the problem of overclocking it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom