SpannerMagnet

Baseband Member
These are the specs for my new build:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo - 1.86GHz - E6300
RAM: 1GB DDR2 PC4200 533Mhz
MOBO: ASUS P5LD2
PSU: 500 Thermaltake TR2
GPU: GeForce 7800GT 256Mb

I was wondering in if anyone could tell me in an easy to understand way and in a few points how to overclock the CPU.
I also want to know if it is safe, if it is a good choice to overclock it and what disadvantages there are to overclocking the CPU.

I would say your not going to get much of an overclock, if any. Simply because of the speed of your ram, mine is 667mhz and I can barely get an overclock on my E6300, which is frustrating to say the least.

You can get a decent overclock out out DDR2 667. My friend has his e6300 at 2.5 stable on stock cooling right now. Don't get DDR2 533 if you want to OC though. Fortunately I've got some DDR2 800 that will be in the mail monday... :)

KingAustin said:
You can get a decent overclock out out DDR2 667. My friend has his e6300 at 2.5 stable on stock cooling right now. Don't get DDR2 533 if you want to OC though. Fortunately I've got some DDR2 800 that will be in the mail monday... :)

I'm not doubting you KingAustin, but I'd really love to know how the heck he did that haha. I'm not on stock cooling and I still can't for the life of me figure out why the heck i can't even get to 2Ghz, and its frustrating me to no end. I can't seem to increase the FSB past 275mhz, and I even had the voltage set at just under 1.4v if I remember correctly.

just wondering why are you getting the 7800gt? why not go with a 7900, unless you got some sort of great deal on the 7800.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom