Overclocking? I need some help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

socom234

Baseband Member
in my bios there i go to frequency and there are three things u can change cpu clock speed, cpu clock ratio and agp clock speed
is this all i need to overclock besides a new better fan. the cup ratio is set on auto and it auto matically changes clock speed to 200mhz. my processor runs at 2.29ghs so that means it is multiplied by about 11 or 11.5 so shoudl i changed th ratio to 11.5 and up the mhz slowly and see what happens.

Wait a second man, you need a propure cooling system going. Rather its liquid or hardware. OC is more a project, then something you come across and do direct. I suggest getting a good Heatsink/CPU Fan. Dual 120mm Fans, (1 Intake)
(1 Exhuast).

But before anything, you have to check all your temps. Room/CPU/Mobo/AGP/Case. Your computer will gain alot more heat once OC. You must have a propure cooling system to releave the stress.

i have to intake and one out take tight now in my case and after playing american army operations on ultra high graphics in never went above 47*C but i assure u i well definentally get a new heatsink. if u have any recommendations that would help. Its a AMD athlon 3200+ 754 pin. also u never answered my question is that the right things i need in the bios to over clock without blwoing my graphics card and cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom