Overclocking GeForce 9500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, not more than an hour ago, I dropped a small piece of paper behind my computer. To my surprise, the paper was stuck to the back of the computer where my back case fan is. Now, I don't know why or how I did this, but apparently, when I was building my computer, I accidentally put that fan in the wrong way. I have 1 fan taking air in in the front, and the back fan was supposed to be blowing air out. Instead, I had 2 fans taking air in and only my power supply fan blowing air out. Everyone may now call me stupid.

Anyway, my motherboard and overall temperature in my case has decreased 10 degrees! Would this additional heat added to my graphics card not working to its potential? Or would this temperature difference not matter?

On another note, what is A DMM?

10C is a pretty large amount, it is good that you corrected the air flow.

But in this case the temperature wouldn't really allow the video card to work better to the point where you would notice it.

Like we said many times already, the 9500gt is really low end.

a DMM is a digital multimeter.

Its a physical device.
images

Question: How do I find the max frequencies for the core and memory of my graphics card?

I ended up using EVGA Precision because it was more user friendly and easier to use. I slowly increased the memory clock and core clock (which increased shader clock as well) and overall, I increased the core clock by 50 and the memory clock by 100. I did core clock first, then memory clock...and when I got to 600 on the memory clock, my screen froze, turned black, and gave me the BSOD. I restarted my computer and everything was back to normal. Now, before my computer crashed, my fps of cod4 didn't really change at all. Should I keep trying? Or just accept defeat and play on lower settings?

There is very little you can do with a 9500 gt.

as we have already said, no matter what overclock you do on this card you probably will not see much improvement.

The BEST thing to do is save money for a better video card.

Use the card at stock settings until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom