Overclocking GeForce 9500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere that you need to take Amps of power supply, wattage of power supply, cooling, etc, into account before overclocking anything....

Only if you have a poor quality brand and or if you just meet the minimum requirements.

If your using a power supply well above required you don't need to worry about that.

What is your power supply?

Let me see if I have this correct: The more Amps you have, the more power can be transferred to the graphics card? Or is it the Watts that matters?

No, the wattage and amperage that is listed on a PSU is the maximum amount the power supply can output.

But that does not mean the computer is using that much at all times.

A computer only pulls what it needs, so it pulls less power at idle and more power during heavy loads.

A computer should never pull even close to the maximum output of the power supply it is running on.

So how much Amps of the +12V rail am I using right now? (roughly)

If I overclock my graphics card, it will just be using more power and will be getting hotter?

I don't know how much your computer is using.

If you really want to know you can get A DMM to measure the amps and voltages on the psu.

To know the total wattage your PC is using you need a kilowatt power meter to measure from the wall.

Overclocking does produce more heat because it requires more energy, but it won't be enough for you to worry about.

Since your only doing about 5 or 10% increases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom