Overclocking GeForce 9500GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Fox

OCZ SSD Enthusiast
Well I have a GeForce 9500GT. I have no idea how to overclock anything. I just built my first computer over the summer so I guess I would be called a beginner. Anyhow, I was planning on playing Call of Duty 5 and World at War on this new computer. I also wanted to play on full settings (maximum resolution, etc.). I downloaded the trial for Call of Duty 4 before I bought it and I turned the settings all the way up and I got a slight lag. Is there any way to overclock this graphics card so I can play this game on full settings without lag? If so, how. (Remember I'm a beginner....so start at the beginning). :cute:

Thats a pretty low end card.

Which raises the question, what resolution are you running?

You probably should have bought a better card in the first place.

But there are programs like atitool or evga precision tool that will let you OC it.

Honestly, evga precision is more user freindly. To OC, I always look at what the highest factory setting is for the card, set it to that, then run a test.. furmark etc.
Then if stable, put it up 20mhz anbd retest.. and continue.

Well yes, I realized after I bought it that it was pretty low. But, I can run CoD4 on full settings there's just this slight lag. Perhaps my 4gb of memory and my 2.66ghz Quad makes up for that? I don't know. But if i overclocked it to make it not lag, would it strain it or would I not have to do it that much?

We still need to know what resolution your running.

You probably won't be able to overclock it enough to diminish the lagh effects, its possible, but unlikely.

Ok.

All you have to do now is do small experiments with overclocks using any of the programs already suggested.

You can also turn off/down the AA/AF to get higher frame rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom