Overclocking Geforce 210 1gb

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2adre

In Runtime
I have grabbed this for my htpc and for some reason, my 1080p movies on scenes that sometimes make up a lot of action or a ton of people involved in a fight scene sometimes acts a little weird, like slows up or sometimes speeds up or breaks in the pics. I was wondering if someone could help me. I have 1 gb of ddr2 memory in it now and 1gb onboard for the video card.

What can I do to help improve it and #2 How high can I overclock this video card for the htpc performance? Will it help to overclock it

it won't help much to overclock it, and in an HTPC where heat is killer I wouldn't recommend it. It's just the card. I'd recommend returning it if possible and getting at least a geforce 220, or a radeon 4550.

Perhaps. What OS are you running? If it's Win7, you should probably be doing with 2GB anyway. If it's a Linux distro, 1GB is generally fine.

Extra RAM isn't going to make 1080p playback any smoother, though.

more ram will help if your running a lot start-up programs in the background or your running memory intensive programs like Autocad or Photoshop. Don't get me wrong as more ram won't hurt, but it's probably not going to give you the boost your needing. Your having problems with video playback and that's a video card issue.

You want help but your not answering the questions very well. What OS (operating system) are you running? Your computer, is it a pre-built like a Dell, HP, etc...? If not what are all your system specifications? Power Supply - make and model, Motherboard - make and model, Memory - 1 stick? 2 stick? The video card, did it come with the PC or did you buy it later. Did both Hard Drives come with the PC?

Have you checked the various system temperatures?

The video card takes care of the 1080p playback to take the stress off the CPU, but both the cpu and gpu are sorely underpowered for 1080p playback. There was a toms hardware review on the geforce 210, 220, and radeon 4550 with blu-ray playback and they said that the 210 had noticeable lag and problems with the viewing, but the 220 and 4550 didn't see those issues.

I saw the same article and wasn't sure how the fps played in when they were talking about movies fps. My 720p's look and act noticeably better. Plus the computer itself is noticebly quieter with the new card. May just stick to 720p movies and just deal with it on my star wars movies and matrix movies lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom