Overclocking frequency only

Status
Not open for further replies.

amd643200+

Banned
I just got a new amd 64 bit 3200+ and started to overclock it however I dont want to go throught the trouble of unlocking it so I have only raised the frequency from 200 -205 and then 215 and will be working my way up till I find the max frequency and stability is there any reason I cant just change the frequency up to the max as sudgested in the bios and is there anything else I should change along with the frequency. any other help or sudgestions are welcom
thanks in advance and sorry if this is some what of a repeat

yeah I have read that thread

just wanted to get more info on specifically just changing the frequnecy and not unlocking the multiplier (yet)

this does not invlove unlocking multiplier yet. frequency can mean many things you should be more specific. what you are doing sounds like changing the FSB frequency. the reason to go slow is to avoid complete lockups and it is more methodical in finding instability.

the basic concept is increase CPU FSB until unstable and reducing back 1 or 2 settings. than use cpu multiplier to fine tune to get last once of performance out of it. we have not even started to unlock anything at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom