Overclocking e7300, need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pic with it under load, got to 1.1

load.jpg

The VID is still good. I would say your biggest problems right now for OCing would be the cheap ram, and your use of a stock cooler. You can still OC but I wouldn't go above 3.2ghz for everyday use until you get better ram and I wouldn't go above 3.6ghz until you get an after market cooler.

I do have a XIGMATEK 120mm rifle but I am not using it until I get the crossbow bracket so I don't damage my motherboard.

What will the Cheap RAM do? Whats some good RAM for overclocking?

How do I get CPU-Z to display the correct speed for my CPU? I turned EIST and C1E off but it still says it is on.

Look for something called Speed Step, that is another name it goes by.

The ram market has been shaken up because a lot of ram that has been recommended for a long time have gone out of favor. Crucial ballistics used to be the best stuff, but they got cheap and they are no longer recommended.

I use OCZ gold's and OCZ platinum's in my rig, they seem to work pretty well. I don't know how much support I can get for those brands, but that is what works for me. The golden heat sinks are nice too.

That's a wise move with the xigmatek. HSFs are getting to be huge. Nehalem boards will have a bracket already, but for the time being anything bigger than the stock hsf should get one.

I found somthing in the BIOS that said this:

Multiplier Status: Unlocked (Min 6, Max 10) But I cant change it.

I will get some better RAM as soon as I can.

It may be time for someone to update the recommended hardware list because that's where I found the RAM that I picked.

EDIT: Would this RAM OC better then what I have now? Newegg.com - OCZ Gold 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

That ram still has bad timings. I would get these.

Newegg.com - OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

I wouldn't grab 2 gig sticks, they tend to have worse timings than 1 gig sticks. Also OCs tend to not be as stable with 4 gigs as opposed to 2 gigs. I have 4 gigs that is spread over 4 sticks. The timings are generally better and I can take away what I need for OC stability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom