Overclocking e6400

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpikedCola

In Runtime
Ive got the specs in my sig. I seem to have hit a wall. Im running at 1310MHz FSB (actually 327.6MHz but Ill go with 1310 as thats what my bios reports). CPU is @ 1.45v, RAM is at 2.0v, 4-4-4-12 timings (also tried 5-5-5-15). It just wont go any farther. I just switched to ddr800 from ddr667 ram, and it has made no difference. Even with the RAM freq. wayyy down, it still wont go any farther. It either wont get past POSTing or wont POST at all. Is there some sort of limit, should I change my voltage, etc..?

SpikedCola said:
The newest I see is 0501 (where is F6 coming from?) and thats what Im running. Thanks though.

haha sorry about that...i've been helping some people w/ the same motherboard as i have so the BIOS version is for a DS3...sorry

your best bet is to revert back to default settings and try again probably.

just try and keep the cpu FSB and the ram frequency equal and move it up like that and it might help. Otherwise try and set up memory dividers and max out the cpu and ram seperately so you know just how far you can take each one and then start moving up and find the "sweet spot."

other than that there's not a whole lot i know about that motherboard. it also might help if we knew what kind of ram since you have since you haven't posted what it is yet other than DDR2-800.

Like I said, its in my sig. I seem to have hit the 'sweet spot' with the cpu, but I can go much further with the memory. Is it safe to run, say, 9:11 (FSB:RAM) or should they always be 1:1? Also, there is no option to set dividers. It must do it automatically. It only asks for the RAM speed and the fsb.

hmm...well the default memory divider for my mobo is 2:3 so if that's the case with your's then that'd make sense why the ram isn't doing well.

Well right now its at 9:11 but if I drop the ram frequency in the bios I can get it down to 1:1. But if I push the fsb even 10mhz higher, it gets really unstable, even with the ram down to 400mhz. Should I be giving something any more voltage, or am I at the limit?

Yeah thats my ram. OCZ says the RAM can handle up to 2.2v and not void its its lifetime warrenty. Its at 2.0v right now. Will upping it .2v make that much of a difference? If so then Ill push it a bit farther. How high should vcore go? btw, suprisingly high price. I paid 199.99 (after $30 rebate)

you paid 200 for that ram?

cuz that'd be pretty good.

umm...the extra .2V should help quite a bit. i pushed mine up to 2.2V from 2.1V (not the same ram as your's) and was able to go from 425mhz to 450mhz at same timings.

I've also heard from other people with my sram that if i go up to 2.4V i can manage 508mhz (DDR2-1016) @ 4-4-4-10 or 4-4-4-12 timings so i'm pretty sure that's why you're unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom