Overclocking DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.
It go's beyond the physicial motor. The buffer only deals with a certian amount of data. If you DID make the motor run faster, itwwould end up corruting. Its like this.

Here is the Drive expecting data. 1-2-3-4-5-6
Heres the new OC motor. 123-456. It cannot funcation like that.

DJ-CHRIS said:
We are joking on how to overclock your DVD drive.

Seriously, dont put 24volts in.

yes i know! Like i said above, i would never do that to a DVD burner or any good drive! I just want to know, how could i put more power into a standard cd-rom drive?

Pilotwings119 said:
yes i know! Like i said above, i would never do that to a DVD burner or any good drive! I just want to know, how could i put more power into a standard cd-rom drive?

Find a bigger power adapter and get splicing :)

And dale, he did say that

Simply put Pilot wings....you'd sooner find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow...there's nothing you can do to make your DVD burner go faster short of taking off the shell and taking a faster DVD burner and putting it in that shell and saying "LOOK ITS FASTER"

You might get the motor to run faster, but that doesn't mean it'll perform faster in your computer.

I like how there are these pplz who are in fantasy land...and those that are dreaming in fantasy land, and the 2 moderators who are trying to prevent pplz from even attempting to travel to fantasy land...

Hey you guys...I got sumggled past the moderators...

I KNOW HOW TO OVERCLOCK MY DVD DRIVE!!!
BAWAWAWA...
umk...i'm back in real life now...

I don't think making the motor go faster would make it write faster, it would probably corrupt stuff, as DVD writer features precise optics.

you can make the disk spin faster, but it wont read anything, or write anything, as the rest of the components in the drive would be going the same speed, so if you write something to a disk the gaps would be bigger.

No harm in trying if it is unused. 2 car batterys probbally would do 24 volts might be too much, or the thing that I have for my cold cathode that steps the electricity voltage up (can't think of its name right now.)

or just get a powerfuller motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom