Overclocking DVD Burner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pilotwings119

Banned
haha- i was just wondering... can you overclock a DVD burner?? That would be pretty cool WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRR... burning a 4x DVD+R disc at 16x.. haha

The motor inside the drive determines the speed of rotation dude. You can't overclock things like that...think of the term 'overclocking'....something has to have a clock speed first in order it to be pushed 'over' its spec'd speeds. DVD Burners dont have a MHz frequency

You can up the motor speed but I think their's a buffer that would keep to speed

Oh well, give it 24 volts, get a videocam ready, and see if it burns at 8x :p

Well what you can do is take it apart and get another and rig up two motors to it and i'll burn like at 16x if you can get it to work then it is all cool. Now isn't it? Please don't blame me if you try it and it doesn't work but if you do get it the whay i said then post some pics

Dude...it won't...it's like hooking up 2 motors to 2 different wheels and expecting thme to run at the same speed. And you guyz have low expectations...if i were to OV a DVD burner...i'd really make it burn...at 32x

ok i guess your right, nubius. i'd have to change out the motor or do some electrical changing to get it faster. But i'm not about to do that with a DVD burner!! maybe a regular CD drive, but with testing the read speed. I do have some extras lying around...

Trotter said:
Pump up its voltage. If it starts to smoke, you went too far...

haha yeah i like that! how would i do that?? i just mite try it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom