overclocking a DELL lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmxfreakrider said:
yea, thats a dell for you. if you want to overclock, build a rig for overclocking. dells were meant for grandmas for checking email and browsing the web.

if you want newfound power, do a clean install with retail xp disk, not the one that came with the dell, those load a bunch of crap that you usually dont need.

lol that's exactly what my mom is, and that p.o.s. still takes all day to load a web page (yes, she has high speed internet).
i gotta get her an external hd so i can back up her business files and then i will probably do exaxctly that. except i'll use oem, that's what i used on my rig.

Can i just ask why your mum needs more than a P4 @ 2.8Ghz? Is it really necessary to buy a new pc just to be slightly quicker?

Mentali$T said:
Can i just ask why your mum needs more than a P4 @ 2.8Ghz? Is it really necessary to buy a new pc just to be slightly quicker?

because mine isn't "slightly quicker", bro...it's like about four or five times as fast. and i'm talking real usage speed, not benchmarks (pah!).
i think though i will try to install windows using an oem copy and see what happens. i have a funny feeling it may make a huge difference.
if not, i'll go from there.
thanks for the input, yall.

I dont think you understood me correctly. I wasnt asking about your computer but why your mum needed faster than a P4 2.8 not you.
Nevermind.

i did understand.
her computer is slow. dreadfully slow. it annoys her when she is trying to use it and is waiting for it to do something.
i dont know what is wrong with it (yet), but if i clean everything up and re-install windows and it still performs like it does currently, then yes that would warrant a new computer in my opinion. because IT SUCKS.

rofl ok fair enough. I would have thought a full format and clean install of windows should fix it as i used to have a P4 2.8 which ran pretty fast.

Good luck with that... I have tried and failed with my dell.

Its practically impossible to find out what ICs the motherboards use, and if you do evetually find it out, I doubt clockgen and the like will support it.

But yea, there is no hard in trying.

The only other thing to watch out for is that you can't monitor temps on a dell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom