overclocking a DELL lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
hey guys can i use a windows based overclocking utility to overclock my mom's p.o.s. dimension 3000?
its got a 2.8 p4 prescott and some decent patriot ddr.

I'l laugh when your overclock screws up windows and when you cannont find your CD key becuase you cant log into windows or clear the CMOS and when you try to tell dell they will all be like "nope." and your mom will be all like WTF WHY WONT IT WORK FIX IT.

Good luck.

IMO it's not worth it.

Lord AnthraX said:
I'l laugh when your overclock screws up windows and when you cannont find your CD key becuase you cant log into windows or clear the CMOS and when you try to tell dell they will all be like "nope." and your mom will be all like WTF WHY WONT IT WORK FIX IT.

Good luck.

IMO it's not worth it.

hah hah thats exactly what my mom would say too...in all caps.
yah, i guess i'll just build her one.
i need to stay reasonable, tho. i am thinking i may use my 4200. will a micro atx mobo fit in a dell dimension case? so she doesn't have to buy a new one...
altho, i guess a basic case is pretty cheap....

Well a Dell case is, in simplest terms..."retarded". The connectors for the HDD LED's power switch, etc... won't fit onto a regular motherboard. Honestly, 2.8GHz is enough, just format and keep it clean.

yea, thats a dell for you. if you want to overclock, build a rig for overclocking. dells were meant for grandmas for checking email and browsing the web.

if you want newfound power, do a clean install with retail xp disk, not the one that came with the dell, those load a bunch of crap that you usually dont need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom