Overclocking CPU Black Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

skullknight10

Baseband Member
This has been my 3rd computer build but will be my first time dipping into overclocking. First i'll start out with my system specs that im guessing you'll need to know which are as follows...

-AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
-ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ Motherboard
-Arctic Cooling ACFZ13 92mm High Performance CPU Cooler
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2x4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

My Motherboard is made to work with Black Edition AMD processors so it has some special features such as "Turbo Unlocker" and something called "TurboV Evo". Im not even sure what TurboV Evo is and the user guide doesn't really give a good description but it has something to do with overclocking. Now to my knowledge the way to overclock your processor is through BIOS. So should I use BIOS, Turbo Unlocker or TurboV Evo to overclock my CPU? With my system specs what is a safe GHz level to overclock my CPU? Any help would be appreciated!

My motherboard has those features also and I have found it great if you only want to do a mild overclock as mine allows me to go from 3.47GHz stock to either 4.0 or 4.2 GHz with nothing more than a few clicks of the mouse, not sure however what yours will overvclock to. I have only gone to 4.0GHz so far and all is quite stable but after a bit of playing around in the advanced settings you might need to resort to your bios depending on how far you intend on pushing your cpu. I f you get a nice stable overclock using the advanced settings please let me know as I am still playing with mine. Still learning the bios playing also. What fun....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom