Overclocking CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is what i have got now:

What do you think of that? im running prime95 now so hopefully it will be stable.

btw is it a bad idea to play games while prime95 is running or will it just increase the intensity?

Attachments

• cpu oc\'.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 23
Prime95 does something that makes the CPU temp even hotter than normal full load :(

I would just leave it to run and watch something on TV for an hour, when you come back and it is still running stop it and if you get no errors and warnings than it will be fine.

Okey dokey cheers trifid. my temps arent too bad actually highest its been is only 52 degrees while playing UT2004. ill leave it now.

Thanks

Yeah i did and thats what i got and set my settings to in the bios. thanks for that. how do i open prime95 its in my icon tray but it wont open so i cant stop it or anything. its been running for over 3 hours and i have had no problems. Would going to end task be ok?

Yeah but i cant actually open it. cos my cpu is being used 100% i cant open programs in the system tray. i cant even open start up menu lol. can only get to task manager and things on desktop :s

Can i not use task manager to end it??

Well, that shows your CPU is unstable then. I can quite easily open programs and swap between them when I am running Prime95, and I have a single core.

You may be able to swap the core it is running on if it isn;t utilizing both.

I think the ctrl. alt. deleting it may make the PC hang, you can try it though.

See my thread for overclocking. Gaara gave some tips for what to do, you can try them when you go into the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom