Overclocking CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
john3 said:
k um..........i think he already told you to how to get it to 2.7GHz and still have ram at 200mhz, just put the divider on 5:4, why would you want lower speeds? i guess if its cooling your worried about, the TSunami would be able to handle it, it has 3 fans, and then a HSF thats enough......and u did use thermal paste right? i would guess its ok.

2.7 might be a little too higher but yeah ill try it. i only used the thermal thingy that came on the cpu hsf :s but soon im getting the thermaltake typhoon so that will keep temps down. After a week or so of using the cpu will the temps go down like when it sets in or something?

I understand the ram divider and wat it does just i dont want to screw anything up.

ill try 2.7 and see how i get on.

BTW is it a bad idea to overclock in the first few weeks of having the cpu. how long should i wait?

Mentali$T said:
BTW is it a bad idea to overclock in the first few weeks of having the cpu. how long should i wait?
I built a PC for a friend, and got the CPU (Athlon 64 X2 3800+) to 2.4GHZ right out of the box, and it is completely stable too. this was without a memory divider, and with AU$125 RAM (2 x 512MB)

he is utterly impressed how fast his new computer is - though his old computer was a Pentium 3 450MHZ

Hmmm so which do i do. now or later? i dont think i should go straight up to 2.7 in the first week. ill have a look in the bios and do some overclocking and post back later with what i get.

thanks for all your help

right i just downloaded a calculator to work out everything and i got:

HTT: 230
my multiplier is at 11x
LDT multiplier 5x
ram divider: 9/10

this then gives me: cpu speed of 2530Mhz HTT = 1150mhz and RAM at 207Mhz.

does that sound good? i think 7 mhz on my ram will be fine.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom