Overclocking CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea am gettin that once i paid my dad bk for cpu but this voids the warranty doesnt it? i doubt anything will go wrong with a better one tho. cheers u been really helpful.

Darybart said:
In my honest option I think you should not overclock it

Why do you think this? You cant just say that without giving a reason.
I probably wont get that high on stock cooling. but i have now managed to get my temps down on my cpu to 35c and mobo to 29c.

is it bad to do something like 7/6 x 200 = 233 so 233x 11 = 2563mhz? would that be ok or is the ram divider a stupid one to do? i dont really have a clue if its good or not.

errm o..k.. so how could i get my cpu to be at around 2.5 and still have my ram stay at the same place? Would you be able to tell me all the settings please.

thanks

k um..........i think he already told you to how to get it to 2.7GHz and still have ram at 200mhz, just put the divider on 5:4, why would you want lower speeds? i guess if its cooling your worried about, the TSunami would be able to handle it, it has 3 fans, and then a HSF thats enough......and u did use thermal paste right? i would guess its ok.

Ok your still having trouble understanding the ram divers right? So here. Your ram speed and CPU's HTT frequency have to run in a 1:1 ratio (200MHz : 200MHz). Everytime you increase the HTT frequency the ram speed also goes up, example: HTT @ 205MHz, ram speed at 205MHz.

Usually your CPU's HTT can achieve higher than your ram speed, example: your CPU's HTT can go to 280MHz but your ram speed can only go 230MHz. When you don't use a divider in this situation you can only set your CPU's HTT at 230MHz because the ram is holding you back. When you do use a divider it sets the ram at a slower stock speed, so now your at 200MHz for your CPU's HTT and 166MHz for your ram (or depending on what divider you set it at). Now once you raise the CPU's HTT lets say to 205 your ram will be running at 171MHz. Get it?

So now you have an extra 33MHz leeway on your CPU's HTT. Now you take small steps in overclocking, by every 5MHz on the CPU's HTT. Your ram is now running at 166MHz so keep on overclocking until your ram speed reaches 230MHz and your CPU's HTT reaches 266MHz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom