Overclocking a conroe

Status
Not open for further replies.

beluga

In Runtime
ok so im getting my new PC next week and i was thinking... should i overclock my conroe E6600 Duo proseccor or should i just let it be?
Also another question is the E6400 the same as the E6600 except on a different clock frequency? And if yes could i technically change my 6600 to a 6700 by overclocking it to 2.67ghz?
Oh but wait if the 6400 is an allendale with only 2 mb of cache... then yea mine would be more powerful even at those frequencies... hmm?

why would you NOT overclock? You can do it without upping voltages, and the worst that could happen is your system would have to reboot itself while you changed the settings back to normal.

true, im just thinking i think the 6600 has enough power fo rnow... maybe wait a few weeks... a couple hours n mins an dhten get at it:D

sure its plenty powerful, but I do believe you should overclock it after you've used it for a while, however long that is...

it will be ok at stock speed,

i would wait and learn about your mobo's bios settign before you do anythign whatsoever, take notes, that kind of stuff which should take you two weeks or so, learn what you ram has been clocked to from other peopel and such so you know what to expect, with ratios and all

like on my mobo, when you change the setting so u cna up voltage is automatically gives you and extra .2 which is a crapload, so you have to back it down, if i kept it on 1.70 my cpu wouldnt be so fun if u catch my drift :)

it does tell you but when u select 1.35 its still pumpin 1.55 which is REALLY REALLY DUMB OF ASUS

yeah i'd say overclock...that cpu has plenty of powerful for about anything you'd throw at it but at least you'd be getting more out of your ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom